Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Wow!!

I started a new devotional this morning...  Louie Giglio has a book for students called (well, I'm not sure what to call it...)  One side is called, "Wired For a Life of Worship..."  but you flip it over and upside down and it's called "30 Day Worship Journey."  It is the coolest book!  It's all about how we're 'wired' to worship God and the Journey part is all about learning to know and praise God through His word...

The first Psalm that you meditate on is Psalm 33...  And here's what made me go WOW...  Verse 7 says, "He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; He puts the deep into storehouses."

Now I'm a sissy, but the ocean terrifies me...  I don't like to swim in it and I am filled with dread when I have to fly over it, like on the trips to Africa...  I hate that moment when you realize you're no longer over land and it's just a black sea of water and creatures below you, my insides shrivel up and I just have to pray or be overcome by anxiety.

But this verse tells me that God is so BIG...  so MIGHTY...  He can put the sea into jars!  Now think about your grandmother's mason jar for a minute...  The sea, that overwhelms and terrifies me is nothing to God!!  And the deep, the places that we can't even imagine, He can scoop them up into a little old storehouse!

It just makes me ask myself the question...  Why do I fear anything?  I am a beloved daughter of this Great God who can put the sea into a mason jar!!  He bought me with a very high price, His precious Son Jesus, and as Paul so perfectly writes in Romans 8:31, "if God is for us, who can be against us?"  That verse takes on a whole new meaning when I consider it in light of the mighty power of God!!

He is truly an AWESOME God... I can't wait to see what the rest of this 30 day journey holds...  The sea in a mason jar...  Just WOW!!

No comments: