Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lingering Thougts From The Mats...

So three days have passed and I can't stop thinking about Nick as he fought off getting pinned by his opponent on Saturday night...

It's made me ask myself... Do I ever resist the enemy of temptation in the same way he resisted getting pinned by his opponent?  Do I want victory over sin so badly that I'm willing to fight, no matter how much it requires of me?

The lures of this world are SO easy to say 'yes' to... It is so much easier to give in to them than it is to fight them off...

I so want my life to mirror what I saw as Nick resisted his opponent on the mat...  And I want to win... Jesus gave His life so that I could know victory on the "mats" of temptation...  So I truly need to resist temptation with all that is within me...

The battle is over... the victory has been won... it's time for me to live like it, every day...  in every moment!!

No comments: