Saturday, August 29, 2009

I feel like I may start crying and never stop...

I guess that title makes you want to read a blog, but that's how I feel right now... I started the day reading Katie's latest posts on The Journey and now I just read Cory's on Cory In The Making... That's got to be one of the sweetest, most touching posts I've ever read on a blog...

It breaks my heart to think of people eating leaves...not having a clue where the next meal is coming from and offering up their choicest piece of fruit to a stranger (that's all in Cory's post), but that's what is happening in Swaziland...probably all over Africa. It seems that every way I turn, God is piercing my heart with the truth that there are people hungry in this world and it is up to the church to do something about it...

Both Katie and Cory are living, breathing examples of what it means to be the church as God intended...

I met Cory while I was in Swaziland... he's 23 and he can sing and play the guitar like nobody's business... He led us in worship one night after the day's activities were done and as Enoch would say, "wow...wow...wow."

Here's a picture of Cory and my mom... He grabbed hold of her heart too!

DSC_6579

When Cory set off for Africa he booked his return flight for October, but his heart is to stay there as long as God leaves him there... He is an amazing young man with such a heart for God. Oh that we would all live our faith the way he and Katie are demonstrating...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the post is "something else"!
Jesus said, "Feed My sheep". That is what Cory did and that is what we are supposed to do. Jesus did not equivocate, that is a command.

To think that Janet had only one thing and she gave it to him.
I pray that God blesses Cory in a way that only God can.

Love you and your sweet heart,
Mom

sierrasmom said...

Thanks for s haring these stories with us. Wow, is all I can say right now.
Kathie