Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy 16th Birthday Zack!!!

So I have a couple of more Africa stories, but today goes to my oldest who is 16!! It's hard to believe that it has been 16 years since this amazing young man came into the world... He is such a joy to parent... he's fun... smart... has a strong faith and knows how to live by his convictions... transformed and not conformed!!

Thank you Zack for all of the laughs...smiles...and honest, open conversations!! I love the way you love children, how you're never too old to play with them... I love how you stand by your convictions and are not swayed when you're friends tease you... I love how you give a 1000% on the soccer field, even when you're team is down 4-0... you never stop giving it your all... I love how you lead with your heart...I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life!!

We actually celebrated his birthday last night... He really wanted his best friends family to come over and they were going camping today... We had a blast... What a great family!!

I got some great shots of Zack at the soccer game the other night... Considering how much he loves soccer, it's a perfect way to honor his birthday! On my photo blog, I'll post more from the game the other night, it was a very physical game and tons of fun to photograph... The photos are grainy because it was dark...

This is my favorite...

Soccer-71

Soccer-53

Soccer-62

Soccer-88

Soccer-87

Soccer-29

Happy Birthday Zack!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zack Miller, you are one "Soccer Dude" if I have ever seen one!!!

HAPPY 16th!!!
Love you MUCH,
Noba

sierrasmom said...

Great pictures!!! Yesterday would have been our first football game of the season......
Kathie

Lara said...

Sharla,
I was just showing my 13-year-old daughter your fantastic pics of Zack playing soccer. Her comments, "Is that your friends that takes those great pictures? WOW! Are you sure she didn't have a professional take those?"
What a happy celebration of the life of your awesome, eldest son!
Lara