Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Young Man Named Daniel

I know this is a total long shot, but I just can't get this young man off of my mind... The day we flew out for Africa, I went through Atlanta. While I was in the Atlanta airport, my mom and I met a young man named Daniel who was deploying to Afghanistan... He had already served one tour in Iraq and we think he was from somewhere in the Mid West... He was tall and had blond hair... He was such a polite young man and I just can't stop thinking about him...

More than once God has burdened my heart to pray for him... One night in the middle of the night I woke up with an overwhelming sense to pray for Daniel...

If you know anyone who has a son named Daniel, in Afghanistan, please leave me a comment... If not, please stop and say a prayer for this young man and all of our troops who are risking their lives. Please also pray for their families... they have moms... dads... wives... children... girlfriends... best friends... who wait and pray constantly for their safety. May they know that they are not praying alone...

I just watched a news report about how hidden mines in Afghanistan have killed 3 of our young men in the last few days. Please pray that God would give them supernatural instincts about where the mines are located, that He would quickly bring this war and in Iraq to an end and that He would keep our young men safe.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Hey Sharla-
Will pray for Daniel. THANK YOU for all your encouraging comments to me!! I definitely learned a lot about bringing home and older child reading your blog the past few months. Thaks for sharing.

April Isaacs said...

How cool would it be if Daniel's mom or sister read your blog??? Weirder things have happened, right?

I will go to sleep praying for Daniel!

Big hugs,
April