Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pretty Amazing To Think About...

Before I start my post, I want to give you a link to an OUTSTANDING post I read this morning...  It's by my cousin who just adopted again, you can read it at Stitching To China...

So, the reason for my post...  Since I want to try and share some of my journey towards knowing God more this year, I thought I would start with something I read yesterday that has really grabbed hold of my heart and mind...

It's from Psalm 35:1-3 (NIV)...

Contend, LORD, with those who contend with me;
   fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and armor;
   arise and come to my aid.
3 Brandish spear and javelin
   against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
   “I am your salvation.”

As I thought about these verses what hit me is that David is calling on God Almighty...  Sovereign Creator of the Universe to take up a shield and armor...  To brandish a spear and javelin...  To be the one who goes against the enemy...

It made me think about the office of President...  They have men who surround them and protect them...  They don't pick up weapons and run into battle, they get as far away from danger as possible. 

And yet, our GREAT God leads the charge, He goes before us!

There's a great story in 2 Chronicles 20 where a vast army comes against Israel and all the people of Israel had to do was stand still and sing praises while God routed the enemy for them... 

Most of our enemies today are not tangible ones like King David faced, or the Israelites...  But the truth still applies...  Whether it's a financial enemy...  the enemy of addiction...  or gossip...  or depression...  whatever it is that you or someone you love is facing, God is your Mighty Warrior...  He will not only go with you into the battle, He will pick up armor, spear and javelin and fight the enemy for you!

And we can be certain, when God is fighting the battle for us...  HE (and therefore WE) will be victorious!

Sing praises and watch what He will do!

1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

LOVE this post, Sharla! I needed to hear that today.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I would absolutely LOVE to meet your aunt (and YOU!) someday! A LY reunion would be such fun.

Love your heart, friend!