Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Abby!!

This time last year, all I could do was make arrangements to have a cake delivered to Abby in China... she had no idea who we were, but our hearts had been longing for her...

This was my journal entry from that day...

Dear Abby,

As I write this, I think it's about lunch time for you and it's your 6th birthday! It makes me sad that we aren't with you to celebrate it, but next year we will be!

I hope you received your care package today and your birthday cake! Do you like your new stuffed animal puppy and your books?

The papers they gave us, that told us about you, said that you love books and puppies. I hope they were right and that somehow you can feel our love for you from so many miles away.

I can't help but wonder if today was the day that you found out that you're being adopted? I'm not sure when China tells the foster parents, so our letter to you and your foster parents could very well be the first time you hear about it.

I wonder if you're scared or sad? My prayer is that somehow God will give you peace and that you'll know deep in your heart that everything is going to be ok...that you might even be a little excited. I hope this is a good birthday surprise for you!

I pray that when you look at our faces in the photos that you will somehow know how much you're loved...I pray that when you read the letter that you will somehow feel our love for you packed into every single word.

You are a very special little girl, so many people are praying for you and waiting for you to come home so they can meet you.

I pray that today is a wonderful day for you and I also pray that God is protecting you and preparing your sweet little heart to meet your new family.

Happy Birthday, sweet one!

Love,
Mom

I didn't actually get to send this letter to her, it was just an expression of what was in my heart that day... My sweet friend Dawn, who has also adopted from China surprised me and brought over a birthday present for Abby, little Ava had picked out the most adorable pink princess dress for her and a really cute outfit...

So here we are one year later and we are having a very special princess birthday party for Abby!! She has a new Cinderella dress and crown... a beautiful princess birthday cake and can you keep a secret...Sleeping Beauty is coming to her party! I can't wait to see Abby's face when she opens the door to find Sleeping Beauty... More later...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww...Happy Birthday, Abby!