Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Girls Are Going On A Road Trip!!!

DSC_3724

Mackenzie, Abby and I are getting ready to board an airplane in a couple of hours! We're off to somewhere else in the US to spend a few days with Abby's older foster sister, and her family.

We were so blessed to be able to travel and adopt the girls at the same time...it was really a bit of a miracle!

I will never forget receiving an e-mail, out of the blue, from Penny's mom, Ruthi... "I think I'm adopting your daughter's older foster sister...call me!" That was in May of last year! Of all the billions of people in the world and of all the children being adopted, God found a way to bring us together!

From there we waited for our approvals to come... Letter of Approval... Travel Approval... Consulate Appointment... Everything had to be timed perfectly for us to travel at the same time. And it all happened, even though we were with 2 different agencies and our dossier log in dates were a few days apart... In fact, we arrived at the ChongQing Center for Adoption at the same time and received the girls together!

We were able to spend the next 2 weeks in China together, making the transition for the girls so much better! Ruthi and I became friends in the months we were waiting to travel and since coming home... and I'm so excited to be going to see her and her family after almost a year! She has been a wealth of wisdom for me this past year...she was definitely a gift from heaven! Penny is their 4th adopted daughter and they are waiting for approval to adopt 2 more...after having raised 4 sons! Yep...she and her sweet hubby will have a HUGE crown waiting for them in heaven...they are definitely living in light of eternity!

So, we'll be back on Monday... While I'm gone, don't forget to follow along with my cousin and her husband... just click on Rice And Grits over to the left, on the side bar...they left today to go to China to adopt their precious little girl Elizabeth. Please keep them in your prayers...

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Um … you know I'll be itching for an update!!! Seriously. Please know in all seriousness that I hope and pray you have a wonderful journey and that the girls can just pick up where they left off in China. What a blessing to have this connection to their lives in China!!! God is good all the time!