Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Heavy Heart

The day began with my friend who is in dire straights with her daughter in China and it is ending with another friend, a blog friend, who is no longer allowing her blog to be public because she is being harrassed!

I realize that the two are worlds apart...that a private blog is a far cry from a critically sick child...except that my friend's blog was ministering to so many people. I have sent people to her blog who had similar family dynamics and were interested in adoption, because I knew she would inspire them...she is a beautiful ambassador for adoption!

I stumbled across her blog before she went to China and have been so blessed to follow her journey...she was an encouragement and inspiration while I waited and I have been blessed to strike up an e-mail friendship with her...her family is beautiful and her faith even more so!

The harassment started a few days ago and it has continued...the anonymous person (aka COWARD) has continued to post verbally abusive comments on her blog. My heart is so sad for my friend and all of her readers, but my heart is even sadder for the woman who has taken up this hate campaign.

To think of someone who is so angry and so bitter, that they have nothing better to do with their life than to harass a mother who is generous enough to share her life, is the picture of an empty shell of a life...there is no love there...only a bitter root that is choking out her life...it makes me very sad.

Do I know anything about this woman’s life? No, but from the overflow of the heart come the words of the mouth. Her actions and her words speak volumes…

If I sound judgmental or critical, that is not my heart at all…I’m just sad and frustrated for my ‘friend’ and for all of those who will never be blessed to witness her journey. And it reminds me that I always need to be careful how I use my words… Here are some powerful words about the tongue:

Proverbs 12:18, “Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”

Proverbs 15:4, “The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.”

Proverbs 18:21a, “The tongue has the power of life and death…”

I need to ask myself everyday…”Are my words building up or tearing down? Are they hurting or healing? Are they bringing life…or death?”

Ironic, I posted an entry yesterday about the violation of our First Amendment Rights… I removed it today because I felt like it sounded angry… it was and justifiably so…but somehow it seemed out of place on my blog…

And then today, a person uses their First Amendment Rights to abuse another…

How sad…how heartbreakingly sad!

Tomorrow, I will post some fun and beautiful pictures of the kids! 3 of them anyway! Stay tuned!! And please keep praying for my friend Leslie…

No comments: